Developer Sprint for KDE on Windows

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 2 20:23:39 CET 2009

On Saturday 31 October 2009 16:15:43 Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Casper van Donderen schrieb:
> > Great idea!
> >
> > It would be nice to also have some input from the developers of some core
> > technologies like Solid about integration of those, in respect to
> > replacing the Windows file dialog with the KDE one for example.
> >
> > Then there is only the question when and where? Germany is probably the
> > best location...
>
> Was this thread continued privatly or took simply noone the chance ?
>
> Regards
>  Ralf

I'd be interested in attending any sprint to look into using Windows
localisation settings in KLocale rather than the KDE settings.  For 4.5 I'm
planning to implement separate KLocale backends for each supported
platform/desktop (Win/OSX/Gnome...) so a sprint would be a good place to get
started.

Cheers!

John.