compiler for KDE on Windows (was: Digikam on Windows)

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed May 6 16:02:12 CEST 2009

> Von: Bernhard Reiter
> On Tuesday 05 May 2009, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > I'm thinking about dropping msvc2005 for kde4.4. Don't know what to do
> > about mingw though...
>
> I have an interest of keeping mingw.
>
> The reason is that it can be controlled better as
> it is Free Software and that it enables cross-compilation.
> Cross compilation is important as it makes it easier to automate
> a test and build process, including the necessary steps to compile the
> matching source code for each distributable binary.

The problem with mingw (3.4.x and 4.x) is that they don't support the crappy manifest things and we need to build something around this. Maybe with a custom PRE_BUILD command or something. But someone has to figure it out...

So we need a small tool which
- reads the current manifest resource (so we could also use it for msvc2005 which already adds a small manifest but which is not enough)
- modifies it to accomplish with Vista and up
- writes it back to the executable/library
I tested this already (manually) and vista accepted my modified manifest and executed update_mime_database without asking the user :)

If someone knows how to read resources from executables (and maybe has a working example) let me know...

Christian
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a