MSVC 2008

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Mar 13 14:07:26 CET 2009

Pau Garcia i Quiles schrieb:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Christian Ehrlicher
> <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> It's not just the cmake buildsystem. It's also the ability to actually compile the sources with msvc or even with
>> mingw without doing some extra magic (see shared-mime-info for example!)
>
> I've looked into
> emerge/portage/win32libs-sources/shared-mime-info-src/ but I fail to
> see the magic. What I see is a CMake build system which carefully
> checks for types, etc., which is good and I have to congratulate you
> for your nice work (really). Granted, it's not as easy as listing the
> source files and adding ADD_LIBRARY and TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES but if
> that's what's required, that's what's required.

So you want someone who wants to compile KDE to download and patch gtk
stuff just to compile an executable which works fine when compiled with
mingw and downloaded as binary? Nice... are you using LFS? This would at
least explain your point.
And you really shouldn't forget all the stuff which isn't compilable or
about the confusion when someone later tries to use libpng.dll compiled
with msvc with mingw compiled executable...

I can't tell you what you should do (nor do I want) but it would be far
much better trying to fix things inside KDE instead thinking about how
to compile something that already works.