Umbrello crash and startup bug

c0uchm0nster c0uchm0nster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 22:04:36 CET 2009

I just made a new install of KDE-Win latest stable (3/9/09) and
installed amarok and the kdesdk (or kde-dev? I forget what it's
called) package.

After working in Umbrello for about an hour the app crashed while
making a new data type in the attributes properties "type" field for a
class. After this the Umbrello process would start but no window would
ever appear (even after a kde4init --terminate).

DebugView produced this output during Umbrello startup:
[3596] umbrello(3596): Attempt to use QAction "edit_undo" with KXMLGUIFactory!
[3596] umbrello(3596): Attempt to use QAction "edit_redo" with KXMLGUIFactory!
[3596] umbrello(3596) class UMLListViewItem *__thiscall
UMLListView::findView(class UMLView *): returning 0 at
UMLListView::findView
[3596] umbrello(3596) class UMLListViewItem *__thiscall
UMLListView::findView(class UMLView *): returning 0 at
UMLListView::findView

The problem was the umbrellorc file in AppData/.kde/share/config. The
bad file is attached, along with a good version from a new session of
Umbrello (after removing the bad file).

I have not been able to reproduce the crash described.