Kile on windows

Brent Stephens bnstephens34 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 21:44:29 CEST 2009

I'm trying to get Kile working on windows.  As far as I have been able to
tell, no one has really given it much time before.  It really ought not be
that hard though, I think.  So I'm going to try.
The program works just fine.  But one ought to be able to compile LaTeX code
from inside Kile, which I can't.  Kile usually accesses a terminal and runs
latex from within the terminal (or something like that, I'm not exactly a
developer, so maybe I'm saying it stupid).  At any rate, I have a working
TeX distribution, and a native windows LaTeX editor that runs just like it
should, so I have the parts I need.  I just need some way to get Kile to
access the LaTeX compiler.

Has something similar been done with KDevelop?  Seems like it would, but I
don't really know.

I don't mind doing some grunt work on this if someone will point me in the
right direction.