KDevelop hangs in Solid/WMI stuff while trying to do an RPCcall to some windows service

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Jun 25 15:57:18 CEST 2009

Michael Druing schrieb:
>> Unfortunally after I downloaded and installed the symbols
>> for Windows XP with Service Pack 3, msvc 2008 ide told me
>> that these symbols do not match the installed dll's. :-(
>>

> You can use the Microsoft Symbol server to automatically download the right
> symbols for your DLLs. Just enter http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
> as symbol path in Visual Studio (Options->Debugging->Symbols for MSVC2005,
> 2008 is probably similar)
>
> There's a document in the online help, too. Look for "How to: Use a Symbol
> Server"

Thanks for this nice hint - this makes debugging much easer.

After digging into this stuff a little bit more I recognized that this
would be an ideal way to add debugging support to kde release binaries.

I added a receipe for the packagers
http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/symbols/vc90/readme.txt