Windows start menu item support for kickoff

Peter Grasch grasch at simon-listens.org
Sun Jun 7 16:26:14 CEST 2009

Hello!

> > - last I have a small idea, which might be needed later: the generation
> > of the menus is only needed if plasma is installed. So it would good to
> > be able to switch the generation of the menus on and off.
Sorry for barging in here but the assumption that plasma is the only
application that queries sycoca for installed programs is not true.

I develop an application myself that needs the user to pick installed programs
from a list and I use sycoca to get this "menu". The application does not
depend on plasma.

Reagrds,
Peter