Does Kompare works in your installation?

Eduard Sukharev kraplax at mail.ru
Wed Jul 8 01:35:02 CEST 2009

On Среда 08 июля 2009 13:37:06 Aekold Helbrass wrote:
> Hi again! When I am running kompare to diff between two text files - I
> see empty kompare UI and empty error message with no title, no label
> and only big red icon. May be my installation is missing something to
> run it?
Hi

I can't tell you exactly, but i guess that you simply don't have diff utils
installed. If i'm not mistaken default user-mode KDE installation doesn't
provide you with it. I'm not even sure that it's there in developers mode.
Anyways, if you have diffutils installed, check that Kompare sees it - open the
configuration dialog and check that all programms are there with their full
paths (just putting diff.exe there might not work).

diffutils (as well as binutils, grep, coreutils etc.) are provided by gnuwin32
project. The project's page is at http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/ where you
may find all the tools you might be familiar with from Linux world. diffutils is
there too.

Please, report the results or, if i completely misunderstod you, a bit more
info on your problem.

Thanks.