Service to start KDE processes

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Jul 8 16:30:41 CEST 2009

Aekold Helbrass schrieb:
> Hi All!
>
> I am using Sysinternals Process Explorer, and I can see that first
> start of any KDE app takes few dozens of seconds before it will show.
> But next start takes less than second. dbus and kded are starting at
> first run. May be it's possible to put something to autostart to do it
> with user login so all required apps will start at user login and real
> KDE apps will start much faster then? And of course there is some dbus
> bug when I am opening text file with first launch of kwrite - i will
> not be able to delete it because dbus will keep file lock, while it
> works fine every next launch of kwrite.
First, thanks for testing KDE on Windows.
About first start of kded/dbus: can you please add a bug report about
this issue in KDE's bugzilla (search for kde-windows to directly assign
it to us)? We had thought of this previously, but we haven't yet
implemented that.
About the dbus issue: We know that dbus doesn't work really reliably,
but we don't really have enough time/knowledge to fix it right away.
Hm, maybe you should still file that issue as a different bug report too...

regards,
Patrick