Kontact on Windows (enterprise4) efforts (was: Kmail problem)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jan 13 09:01:45 CET 2009

On Montag, 12. Januar 2009, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Ok - we == kde-windows mailing list except you. I don't know anything
> about kde-pim/windows except that there's an installer somewhere and
> that you're working on it. Nothing more. And I think that others have
> the same problems or am I wrong?

a) I've send several emails about this in the past also linking to the
   Kolab community efforts. (Note it is an overlapping community.)
   The enterprise4 branch is in emerge and known.
b) At least Jaroslaw, Till, Volker, Patrick, Holger
   and a few others on this list know
   a lot about it, being close to its development - not just me.

There is not much secrecy about it: We have enterprise4 branch of kdepim
and a few other modules for snapshot purposes. Our aim is to get a usable
Kontact client on Windows (and MacOS) done as fast as we can.
There are a few people working on it on paid time and we stabilise as much
KDE on windows as we can within the project. Thus helping kde-windows.
You can see all the committs in the SVN and the discussions on the relevant
lists. emerge just builds enterprise4 fine, we use the MingW compiler chain.
We add an Nsis or msi installer using Nullsofts' system or WiX to the result.
Of course, all enterprise4 changes are merged back to trunk regularily
and the other way around. The SVN branches are there so we can actually do
drop builds with quality control, it is like mini-freezes.

What do you (or others) want to know?

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)