KDE on Wine and ReactOS

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Feb 26 10:16:04 CET 2009

Diego schrieb:
> Andrius da Costa Ribas ha scritto:
>
>> it`s also a good testcase for both projects ( as well as wine )
>>
>> 2009/2/16 Andrius da Costa Ribas <andriusmao at gmail.com>:
>>

>>> good, I've tried to run kde4 under wine some time ago and got good
>>> results, getting it to work in ReactOS wouldn`t be hard :)
>>>

> Reading your message I got curious to test how KDE on Windows behaves on
> Wine and on React OS. After some tests I can say it's not that bad,
> considering that:
> - there's no real need to run KDE together with Wine when there is the
> native Linux version;

running kde on wine may help cross debugging after cross compile if gdb
would be usable.
<snip>
> Under React OS (QEMU image):
> - the installer works quite fine here too. I experienced only a minor
> issues when installing from a local directory: if you do all the
> step-by-step wizard and you set the directory correctly the installer
> waits for 10 or 20 seconds when downloading the packages list and then
> you get an empty list. If, at this point, you get back to the start
> (install from internet, local install, download only) and press "Next"
> until you get to the packages list then the list appears correctly
> showing the available packages from the directory;

Would it be possible to get the kdewin-installer.log from the download
dir of the related install session.
If you need to retry this session you may delete the global installer
settings file located at %APPDATA%\kde\installer.ini and the install
root related settings file from <install-root>/etc/installer.ini before
running the installer.

Regards