upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2 broke amarok

Eduard Sukharev kraplax at mail.ru
Sun Feb 22 16:33:38 CET 2009

On Воскресенье 22 февраля 2009 17:33:57 Diego wrote:
> CCing the amarok mailing list, maybe someone there can help.
>
> Gaetano Giunta ha scritto:
> > Hello
> >
> > I just tried upgrading from the latest 4.1 to 4.2.0, on win xp french.

It is strongly recommended not to upgrade between major releases. 4.1 and 4.2
packages are binary incompatible, so upgrading from any 4.1.x installation
into 4.2.x causes unexpected errors. You should completely delete the previous
KDE installation and fresh install KDE 4.2 from scratch. This should work,
then. Even though Amarok is quite a separate project it still uses kdelibs
which is important.
If you have any issues deleting KDE consider reading this thread on KDE forum:
http://forum.kde.org/how-to-remove-kde-from-windows-t-20596.html

Please, report the outcome of your reinstall.
--
Regards,
Eduard Sukharev