KDE/kdelibs/kfile

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Aug 24 20:58:01 CEST 2009

On Monday 24 August 2009, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> I don't. See kfiledialog.cpp:145 which at least needs to be changed too:
>
>         KPluginLoader loader("libkfilemodule");
>
> Also now the lib is named kfilemodule.so on linux - so if someone else
> is loading this module the way kfiledialog.cpp dpes he'll get problems
> too. Imho it's somthing like a BC change which is ok on windows but on
> linux... ?

Ah. I see what you mean.

For the purposes of kdelibs the renaming is fine (if the above line of code is
adjusted), but indeed, what if someone else is dlopening the module (not that
I think anyone does, since it's simpler to just link to it, but well, we
promised BC indeed, let's keep it).

Well, we could add code in KPluginLoader that removes a leading "lib" (like
currently done on Windows only, but we would do this everywhere) and then (if
not found) tries again with the "lib" prepended (on linux only? on Windows
too? not sure what makes sense on Windows).