Feedback from an application developer

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Aug 21 23:27:00 CEST 2009

On Friday 21 August 2009, Casper van Donderen wrote:
> In an emerge we can specify the command to do. So in your case: svn co
> <URL>.
>
> The rest should work as normal.

Ok, except we build-depend on R, so I suppose an emerge (including a non-
kdeish ./configure-statement) would need to be written for that as well. If
that's the way you recommend I should proceed, then I'll look into that.

However, just to make sure, let me try to state the question clearly, first:
I'm developing an application outside of KDEsvn. Said application has build-
and runtime-dependencies not currently used elsewhere in KDE, and unlikely to
be picked up by further KDE applications. The application compiles and runs on
windows, and in fact it already has a functioning binary installer based on
NSIS.

I would like to make it easier for end-users to install our binaries. How
could I go about this? Could I somehow integrate with (a customized or official
version of) the kde-windows installer? How?

Regards
Thomas