x64 builds and Windows 7

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Aug 15 20:38:15 CEST 2009

Casper van Donderen schrieb:
> Hi T.J.
>
> I'm looking at getting a full version of Visual Studio during the week
> and will try to get Win x64 packages up and running ASAP (with help
> from the other KDE-Windows guys of course)

To have 64bit packages in the installer the following things has to be
implemented:

- the related package base file name has to be extended to support 64
bit packages e.g. apackage-vc90-x64-x.y.z-bin.tar.bz2  or similar
- the additional compiler type has to be added to the packager and the
installer

what about mingw/mingw4 - are there also 64 bit packages possible ?

Regard