TagLib 1.5 for windows binaries are broken

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Thu Aug 13 13:59:08 CEST 2009

Nicolas P. wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just wanted to let you know that the binaries for Windows are somewhat
> broken. I had a linker error when trying to pass a LPCWSTR to the
> TagLib::FileRef constructor.
> However it's just a matter of preprocessor definition, as the CMake
> configuration define a WIN32, whereas some source files, like tfile.h,
> use __WIN32.

Sorry, your mail just came through to me for some reason.

Is __WIN32 perhaps something that is supposed to be defined by the MS
compiler? Or is this perhaps compiler specific (i.e. msys/mingw vs.
msvc)? Or dependent on exactly which Windows version you're using?

Just wondering if there's a reason this hasn't been caught earlier as
people have been building taglib on Windows for ages.

CCing the KDE-Windows people as I know they build it and I know they use
CMake, and I don't remember them patching it -- they might know more
details.

--Jeff