Cloning Qt fails without possibility to resume

Eduard Sukharev kraplax at mail.ru
Mon Aug 10 12:25:49 CEST 2009

Hello

I'm trying to 'emerge qt' just after the wiping out my whole KDEROOT. I've set
up kdesettings.bat, emerged msys, mingw, git, subversion and have the latest
emerge. The source is in kderoot/downloads/svn-src, the downloads are in
kderoot/downloads. When trying to do 'emerge qt' it begins rather good, but
with my internet connection (only 128 kbps) it too long to checkout. But
that's not the real trouble. The thing is - during the cloning it might
interrupt with following error from git:

After that issuing 'emerge qt' (or the same with -i, --update etc options)
givesthe following error:

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

Thus, no matter how much i was lucky to download so far, i'll have to start it
all over again, first removing the qt directory and then runing emerge again.

The question is - how can that be improved? Is there any failsafe way to clone
with emerge? Or, maybe, with git, outside emerge?
I'd ask on IRC, but i use KDE Irc clients,so i don't have one at hand.

In attachment the console output of the emerge commands i mentioned with full
text of errors it spits out.
Thanks in advance.
--

Best regards,