Error loading KDE apps: QtSvg4.dll was not found

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Sep 11 09:28:54 CEST 2008

Aryan Ameri schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:
>
>> Aryan Ameri schrieb:
>>
>>> Hey everyone,
>>>
>>> Old-time KDE user here, first time trying to run it on Windows, on Vista SP1.
>>>
>>> I have followed the steps described at
>>>

>> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Installation#KDE_Installer_for_Windows
>>

>>> and
>>> have added KDEDIRS as a user variable and the lib and bin directories
>>> to the PATH. I also have MS VS.Net 2005 installed on the computer. Yet,
>>> when trying to run any KDE application from the bin directory, I
>>> receive various error messages about lack of DLLs, mostly saying that
>>> QtSvg4.dll was not found. Obviously this seems to me to be a case where
>>> the lib directory is not in PATH, but I have doubled checked and triple
>>> checked it and it's right there, at the end of the PATH directories,
>>> separated by a semicolon.
>>>
>>> Am I missing something here?
>>>
>>> Help appreciated.
>>>

>> Can you send a list of the installed packages by generating a file list
>> of the manifest subdirectory in the kde installation directory ?
>>

> Sure.
>
> Here is the output of ls-la of the manifest directory (Cygwin Bash)

There are no dependencies installed, which is unusual, by default if you
select any kde... package there should be additional packages listed for
installation - which installer version are you using ?

Additional it would be nice to have the content of the file
kdewin-installer.log located in the download directory

Regards