Error loading KDE apps: QtSvg4.dll was not found

Aryan Ameri public at aryanameri.com
Thu Sep 11 06:38:21 CEST 2008

Hey everyone,

Old-time KDE user here, first time trying to run it on Windows, on Vista SP1.

I have followed the steps described at
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Installation#KDE_Installer_for_Windows
and
have added KDEDIRS as a user variable and the lib and bin directories
to the PATH. I also have MS VS.Net 2005 installed on the computer. Yet,
when trying to run any KDE application from the bin directory, I
receive various error messages about lack of DLLs, mostly saying that
QtSvg4.dll was not found. Obviously this seems to me to be a case where
the lib directory is not in PATH, but I have doubled checked and triple
checked it and it's right there, at the end of the PATH directories,
separated by a semicolon.

Am I missing something here?

Help appreciated.

Cheers