Kde Windows Installation

Michael Bischof michael-bischof at dv-kombinat.de
Mon Sep 8 23:03:57 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 8. September 2008 20:02:21 schrieb Christian Ehrlicher:
> Андрей Мельник schrieb:
> > Hi.
> > I am not an experienced Linux-lover, I'm the beginner. The only advice I
> > can give you: if you use kdewin-installer (KDE 4.x) try the earlier
> > versions of this program. (the latest version are traditionally unstable
> > despite our hopes) You can find them in the same place
> > http://winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/installer/ . Best regards.
>
> Really nice error description...

I am a Windows amateur, but not lover. e.g. an extrinsic motivation for
KDE-on-Windows, but an intrinsic one for KDE on Linux. I cannot use kwrite
under Windows because I have no permission to write (store) files on my user
Desktop.
Similar trouble with Konqueror.
How are the permissions managed?

Regards,