Offline installation

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Sep 4 23:36:30 CEST 2008

Aekold Helbrass schrieb:
> Hi all!
>
> Help me please, can I download (using wget -m) windows kde
> installation and install it offline?
yes either

- download all files from
http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/releases/stable/4.1.0/ using
wget into a local dir outside of the kde installation dir (to have an
msvc installation exclude the files with mingw in the filename, for a
mingw installation download exclude the files with the term msvc in the
name) or

- use the installer to select and download the required packages. When
the installer is going to install the packages cancel this process, move
the files from the download directory to a directory on the target pc
including the config.txt file.

Then start the installer with the path of the directory where the
downloaded package are located as command line parameter, select the
required packages and let the installer install it.

In further versions of the installer this feature will be implemented
more user friendly.
> It looks like KDE-windows
> installer is cleaning download folder before new installation...

I haven't heard about such an issue before - Can  you send in the file
kdewin-installer.log from the used download dir ?

Regards