build problem: akonadi not finding boost?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Nov 25 15:43:53 CET 2008

Hi there,
really strange here, I wanted to build kdepimlibs-branch
with emerge (mingw) on XP native.

It draws in akonadi which fails to build because
it cannot find the boost libraries.
This has worked before, so it really strikes me as odd.

Any ideas?
Bernhard

Here an excerpt from my build log:
akonadi, Revision 888917.
-- Found shared-mime-info version: 0.51
CMake Error at C:/dev/kderoot-7/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:620
(message):
  Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

  Unable to find the Boost header files.  Please set BOOST_ROOT to the root
  directory containing Boost or BOOST_INCLUDEDIR to the directory containing
  Boost's headers.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:34 (find_package)

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:36 (message):
  Akonadi requires the Boost C++ libraries.

Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)