Amarok 1.9.4: No collection plugins error

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Sun Nov 9 11:15:12 CET 2008

Cedric Girard schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I try to run Amarok 1.9.4 on Vista. When I start it I get a "cannot find
> any collection plugins" error message. I've tried to run "kbuildsycoca4
> --noincremental" but this does not solve the problem.
nearly.
The way to get this done:
Open a console window; change directory to your KDE install directory
(e.g. C:\kde4). Then run the following commands:
C:\kde4> bin\kdeinit4.exe --terminate
C:\kde4> bin\update-mime-database.exe %CD%\share\mime
C:\kde4> bin\kbuildsycoca4.exe --noincremental

> My KDE version is 4.1.3 (latest stable version) installed with the
> latest GUI installer. I've added the KDEDIRS env var and the bin and lib
> folder to the "path" var as suggested there :
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Installation#Summary_of_Steps
> and I have also installed the Visual C++ runtime.
>
> QT applications run well. I can start kwrite only once and it takes a
> lot of time to launch (I must kill kded4 and klauncher) to be able to
> run kwrite again.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
>
> Cédric Girard
regards,