kdelibs compiling error

Steven Scott Drakia at gmail.com
Sat May 31 02:56:16 CEST 2008

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> I don't know what you did but it compiled fine for me. It's correct that
> we link agains libxml2.dll.a and not libxml2.lib. That it worked for you
> was luck.
>

> Christian

I solved the problem, and from the looks of it, the problem was that
emerge (In the win32libs package) is getting the files
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/kde-windows/libxslt-1.1.23-2-bin.tar.bz2
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/kde-windows/libxslt-1.1.23-2-lib.tar.bz2
but libxslt-1.1.23-2-lib.tar.bz2 only contains the .lib files, not the
.a files that KDE links against. I recommend (Atleast until either the
-2 files are updated, or until somebody makes a -3 file with all of
them) that emerge link against the 1.1.23-1 files, since they contain
all 4 files. Also in that package libxml is getting the 2.6.30-3 files,
but the latest on the KDE-windows SF.net mirror is 2.6.32-1.