kdelibs compiling error

Steven Scott Drakia at gmail.com
Thu May 29 05:21:51 CEST 2008

Hey, I'm rather new to KDE on Windows (Been trying to get it running for
a few days) and have come across a problem emerging kdelibs. When I try
to emerge it, it will get down to kio_ghelp, then gives me this error

Scanning dependencies of target kio_ghelp
[ 58%] Building CXX object
kdoctools/CMakeFiles/kio_ghelp.dir/kio_ghelp_automoc.obj
[ 58%] Building CXX object kdoctools/CMakeFiles/kio_ghelp.dir/kio_help.obj
[ 58%] Building CXX object kdoctools/CMakeFiles/kio_ghelp.dir/main_ghelp.obj
[ 58%] Building CXX object kdoctools/CMakeFiles/kio_ghelp.dir/xslt.obj
Linking CXX shared module ..\bin\kio_ghelp.dll
Cannot export ⌂libxslt_NULL_THUNK_DATA: symbol not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make[2]: *** [bin/kio_ghelp.dll] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [kdoctools/CMakeFiles/kio_ghelp.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
emerge fatal error: while Make'ing. cmd: mingw32-make
emerge fatal error: running python
d:\kderoot\emerge\portage\kde\kdelibs\kdelibs-20080202.py compile
emerge error: fatal error: package kde/kdelibs-20080202 all failed

I managed to get around this by a hacked up method of compiling
libxml/libxslt myself and renaming the libxml files (kdelibs was linking
against libxml.dll.a instead of libxml.lib, making a copy of libxml.lib
and renaming it to libxml.dll.a helped resolve some errors that the
linker was giving me), but this doesn't seem like the best method to
solve the problem. Does anybody have a better solution to this problem?