emerge before having wget patch

Steven Scott drakia at gmail.com
Mon May 26 11:02:06 CEST 2008

If you try to emerge anything before you have wget installed, it tends
to fail miserably when SF gives you back a 302 response.
A 302 response should redirect you to another page, but with the
implementation used in emerge currently, it ignores that response and
tries to get the data anyways, resulting in null files. I came up with
a little work around that will go through a max of 10 redirects
looking for the file before giving up and returning false.

Also, this is the first time I've used a mailing list, so if I'm doing
anything wrong, just let me know :-)