KOffice alpha 7 packaged for Windows

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon May 19 16:31:36 CEST 2008

Jan Hambrecht said the following, On 2008-05-19 13:54:

> I first stumbled about the dll problem you mentioned in the news post
> too. But the techbase page
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Installation#Summary_of_Steps
> mentioned that you have to add some environment variables which solve
> that problem.

Adding %KDEDIRS\lib to PATH is not really good idea *long-term*, there are
risks of crashes if you copy dlls into the proper destination (i.e. bin).

Of course, I mean the worst case when you ever decide to compile koffice from
trunk on your own; asuming you only use the installer to get binaries, it'll
uninstall the old dlls from the wrong location first. So, that's the same risk
as on any OS where multiple methods of deployment are used. Just though it's
good to know.

BTW, the problem comes from unportable cmake file(s) (somewhat fixed now in
trunk) - it's not packager's fault.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek