Kde-windows Digest, Vol 30, Issue 30

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sun Mar 30 01:06:34 CET 2008

Ralf Habacker said the following, On 2008-03-29 18:58:

>> Do I need to install any Qt related service or add any registry keys
>> to carry the kde base folder to somewhere else?

> no, we are trying hard to avoid such dependencies. You should run
> kbuildsycoca4 on the new machine.

Ah Ralf: I've recently read kbuildsycoca.cpp code a bit (again) and there are
magic stamps like one for language, another for creation time

    // Write KDEDIRS
    (*m_str) << KGlobal::dirs()->kfsstnd_prefixes();
    (*m_str) << newTimestamp;
    (*m_str) << KGlobal::locale()->language();
    (*m_str) << KGlobal::dirs()->calcResourceHash("services", "update_ksycoca",
                                                  KStandardDirs::Recursive );

So any idea why kbuildsycoca could not automatically re-run when we move our
binaries from machine to machine (when e.g. drive letter changes)?

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek