Windows registry utils in kdesupport/win32

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Mar 27 09:20:24 CET 2008

Jarosław Staniek schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker said the following, On 2008-03-26 20:51:
>
>> Jarosław Staniek schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Forgot to say that before but contents of kdecore/kernel/kernel_win.cpp is my
>>> code, which was originally in kdelibs/win/win32_utils2.cpp (KDE3).
>>> But more important is what I propose - move it to kdesupport because we'll be
>>> accessing more and more windows registry in the future.
>>>

>> read access only or write access too ? The latter has to be reconsidered
>> very well
>>

> could you please explain?

setting absolutes pathes of kde installations in registry will make it
hard to place kde installations on an usb stick or removal disc because
the drive letter may change.
Because of this kdecore and dbus contains code to determine the related
install path on runtime. We discussed this a short time before with
Frank Osterfeld.