koffice/libs/pigment

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Mar 26 14:06:31 CET 2008

Cyrille Berger schrieb:
> You know what would make you happy and me at the same time ? If you look why
> the add_definition in cmakelists.txt and fix that instead, it's probably less
> time than changing the source and headers after  my commits.
No.
First such definitions shouldn't be in the build system scripts - the
source code doesn't contain everything that is needed to build (even if
it is only for platforms where you detest the platform itself and the
people working on it) - you wouldn't put other source code into the
cmakelists.txt files would you? So one other solution would be to define
  and, or and not in some kind of header which is included where needed
(one could use the *_export.h even if that is not really a clean solution).
Second the add_definition stuff doesn't seem to work for mingw - the
preprocessor seems to have some problems with it and thus it doesn't
seem to be possible to get it working this way. It works for msvc
currently though but see my first point.
Even though there are some other solutions, I would like to convince you
  to not use those keywords - they are non standard for KDE source code
(there is no other place using them) and they add another source for
errors even if they might be easier to read. If you have any problems in
changing the style of the sources (e.g. they are sync'ed with external
repositories) we can try to find a better solution.

regards,
Patrick Spendrin

--
web:                 http://windows.kde.org