kdesupport/emerge/portage/gnuwin32

Mark A. Taff marktaff at comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 22:51:28 CET 2008

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 13:58:02 Ralf Habacker wrote:
> PS: forgot to say: If there are problems with sourceforge mirror i
> suggest to open a sourceforge bug request.

I'm not sure it is sourceforge's fault.  It seems like the emerge python
script is either giving up too soon, or otherwise not following the
redirects.  If Konqi & Firefox can get the files OK using the regular URL,
why can't the emerge python script?

Also, the script accepts 326 bytes as a valid size for wget.  It didn't fail
until it tried to unzip the file and choked.  Perhaps it should be
downloading md5 sums and checking them?  Or some other method of reality
checks?

Regards,

--Mark