dbus state on windows

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Mar 18 20:29:07 CET 2008

Till Adam schrieb:
> Ralf,
>
> On Friday 14 March 2008 11:00:19 Ralf Habacker wrote:
>

>> since dbus was ported to windows involved people had gotten several
>> experiences with the dbus code. Is anyone here who will share his
>> experience ?
>>

> I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Can you please elaborate?

There were several private discussions between windows people how to
proceed with dbus because there are issues with the implementation.
There are people who wished to drop the dbus implementation and to
rewrite a new implementation for windows. A short time ago I was
informed that unix kde developer had a similar discussion.

Because this rumors already some time in the background it may be good
to make this public to get a better understanding about the best way to go.

I had gotten specific experience while working on the dbus code - in
fact that the code isn't maintainable in spare time - but this is a
personal meaning and it may be caused by my limited understanding of
dbus internals.

Any comments ?