Cross compiling page in techbase

Carlo brandon.ml at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 01:38:44 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 13 March 2008, Carlo wrote:
>  > On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
>  wrote:
>  > > On Wednesday 12 March 2008, Carlo wrote:
>  > >  > On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Alexander Neundorf
>  > >  > <neundorf at kde.org>
>  > >
>  > >  wrote:
>  > >  > > On Wednesday 12 March 2008, Carlo wrote:
>  > >  > >  ...
>  > >  > >
>  > >  > > > >  cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=<path>/Toolchain-mingw32.cmake -C
>  > >  > > > >
>  > >  > >  > >  <path>/mingw32-kdelibs.cmake <src dir>
>  > >  > >  >
>  > >  > >  > you forgot set(KDE4_INSTALL_DIR    /windows/kde4) in the
>  > >  > >  > toolchain file anyway it doesn't work, this is the erorr
>  > >  > >  > -- ERROR: unable to find KDE 4 headers
>  > >  > >  > -- ERROR: unable to find KDE 4 core library
>  > >  > >  >
>  > >  > >  > in FindKDE4Internal.cmake
>  > >  > >  > find_path(KDE4_INCLUDE_DIR kpassworddialog.h
>  > >  > >  > ${KDE4_INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR} NO_DEFAULT_PATH )
>  > >  > >  > and KDE4_INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR is set to /home/kdeuser/kde/include
>  > >  > >  > but that's the kde4 linux include not the windows one and btw
>  > >  > >  > kpassworddialog.h exist in that dir
>
>  Is that using the modified FindKDE4.cmake ?
>  mingw32-kdelibs.cmake sets KDE4_DATA_DIR, and if this is set, FindKDE4.cmake
>  should use it to load FindKDE4Internal.cmake, which will load
>  KDELibsDependencies.cmake, which contains all these settings from the
>  installed kdelibs.
>
>  What is going wrong ?
>  How does the installed KDELibsDependencies.cmake look like, i.e. are the paths
>  in that file the same as the real locations ?
Yes it uses the modified FindKDE4.cmake  and KDE4_DATA_DIR is set
the problem is that  KDELibsDependencies.cmake uses
${KDE4_INSTALL_DIR} that is retrieved from this code
get_filename_component(_DIR ${KDE4_KDECONFIG_EXECUTABLE} PATH )
get_filename_component(KDE4_INSTALL_DIR ${_DIR} PATH )
but KDE4_KDECONFIG_EXECUTABLE is setted to the linux one, if i set it
to the windows one it goes ahead and it find include and library dir
but it doesn't find kde4automoc and kconfig_compiler
-- Found KDE 4.1 include dir: /windows/kde4/include
-- Found KDE 4.1 library dir: /windows/kde4/lib
-- Didn't find the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor
-- Didn't find the KDE4 automoc

> > >  > kdepimlibs, probably the same on kdebase
>  > >
>  > >  Ok. Let's first get kdelibs working with this (almost) minimal toolchain
>  > > file. Does it ?
>  > >
>  > >  Alex
>  >
>  > yeah no other problems with kdelibs using both the toolchain and the
>  > cache file, just the usual ones
>
>  For kdelibs you should use _only_ the toolchain file.
>  Does it work then ?
Yes it works, I used the cache file just to disable gssapi