Quanta Open File type problem

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Mar 7 23:01:47 CET 2008

Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
>
>> On 07.03.08 19:39:12, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>

>> No need to cc me :)
>>

> okay
>
>>> while playing with quanta in windows I found out that the project open
>>> dialog only contains "KDevelop 4 Project Files" type and not the required
>>> quanta file type.
>>>

>> I'd ask how the quanta devs work with it. They must use some way to open their projects.
>>
>> Apart from that, openProject() should already get a proper url, I'll probably remove that code from openProject sooner or later.

just a note: If you click on "Open Project" in the Project menu, the
kdevplatformshell library is triggered directly with a call to
openProject() using an empty url. This raises the open file dialog with
the hardcoded "KDevelop 4 Project Files" type set. There is no quanta
code between.

As far as I can see it looks that the only way to control the file types
from quanta is to set it immediatly after creating the ProjectController
instance  or to set a specific "quanta" mode in the Kdevelop::Core
class, which could be used in the ProjectController class.