building debug version of kdecore.dll

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Thu Mar 6 14:10:09 CET 2008

> Von: "Michael O\'Shea"
> [snip a couple of tips from other contributors]
>
> kde does not use 'd' postfix for shared libraries yet.  If you are using
> > emerge to build kdelibs then you should run
> > emerge --buildtype=Debug --update kdelibs
> > emerge --buildtype=Debug --qmerge kdelibs
>

> Thanks for confirming the correct command sequence for doing a debug build
> of kdelibs.
>
> Should I conclude that getting a debug version of kdecore.dll is just not
> going to happen ?
>
> How do people debug kdecore.dll then ? Is there a procedure that I could
> follow that would produce kdecored.dll ?
>
> Any tips welcome.

I don't understand your question. There *is*  a debug version of kdecore.dll when you do the above steps. It has just the same name like the release dll. So when you want to debug kde, you have to make a buildtree with --buildtype=Debug for every module.
You can also debug with the 'standard' RelWithDebInfo - it's just a little bit harder since a lot of things get optimized out (that's why I also don't like -g -O2 on linux)

Christian

--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.web.de/de/entertainment/games/free