[patch] a (temp?) fix for unexpected behaviour of KService::createInstance() on Windows

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sun Mar 2 17:02:35 CET 2008

Attached a (temp?) patch for unexpected behaviour of
KService::createInstance() on Windows.

The problem was that the lines:

  KPluginLoader pluginLoader(*this);
  KPluginFactory *factory = pluginLoader.factory();

resulted with factory==0 for the first call, while another call worked well.
People reported that on various windows (xp, vista) and builds (msvc, mingw).
It was also possible that you execute an app for the first time, and
factory==0 (thus plugins, say, in KDE-PIM refused to load), then execute the
app again and factory is !=0.

This is all I can have as a temporary solution for now. Feel free to improve -
hopefully at KPluginLoader level itself. I wasn't able to fix at KPluginLoader
inherits directly from QPluginLoader, so the ctor itself would have to be
executed twice...

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek