Building Strigi on Windows

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Wed Jun 25 10:20:25 CEST 2008

Quoting Christian Ehrlicher <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de>:

> Pau Garcia i Quiles schrieb:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Building Strigi on Windows fails for me if Java is installed.
>>
>> The relevant part is trunk/kdesupport/strigi/src/xsd/CMakeLists.txt
>>   lines 39 to 84. When Java 1.5+ is installed, the files
>> metadataproperties.h, metadataproperties.cpp and
>> metadatapropertiestest.cpp are regenerated but they are created in
>>  CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR instead of CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR.
>>
>> I've done some testing and it's like CMake is ignoring the
>> WORKING_DIRECTORY parameter because whatever I set as
>> WORKING_DIRECTORY, the files are always generated in
>> CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR. I have been unable to reproduce this
>> behavior, though.
>>
>> I've tested both CMake 2.4.8 and CMake 2.6.0. Java version is Sun's
>>   1.6.0_06 and I'd say it's working fine. No, I have not tried on
>> Linux  (yet).
>>
> Plz tell the strigi devs about the problem.

I did and he told me to ask you :-D

[23:52] <pgquiles> vandenoever: src/xsd/CMakeLists.txt fails on
Windows when generating metadataproperties.h/.cpp and
metadatapropertiestest.cpp, they are generated in
CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR instead of CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR. I've
been looking at the CMakeLists.txt but I cannot find why!
[23:52] <pgquiles> using cmake 2.6.0 btw
[23:52] <pgquiles> with java
[23:52] <pgquiles> (1.6.0)
[23:59] <pgquiles> same with cmake 2.4.8
[00:06] <vandenoever> pgquiles: perhaps cherlich knows?
[00:07] <pgquiles> vandenoever: I'll ask him when he's around but the
CMakeLists.txt looks fine to me :-/
[00:09] <vandenoever> pgquiles: i'm not really into the higher art of
cmake in windows ...

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org