KoWi mailto problem

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Tue Jun 3 23:34:35 CEST 2008

Emanuel Schütze said the following, On 2008-06-03 12:16:
> Hi,
>
> how can I start Kontact (on Windows) from the command line with a mailto email
> address? For kmail there are parameters, e.g.:
>   kmail.exe mailto:test at example.com -s SubjectA
> How it works for Kontact?
>
> I want to set Kontact as default email client [1]. Therefore I search the
> correct value for the windows registry
> HKLM\Clients\Mail\Kontact\Protocol\mailto\shell\open\command.
> Any hints?
>

> Regards,
> Emanuel
>
> [1]
> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/PIM/MS_Windows#Registry_settings_for_default_apps_and_services)

BTW
Before LinuxTag I've performed some tests of setting default clients, and
looks like it's is not possible to set onlt writing registry entries. Some API
calls may be needed, especially because locked at least one registry key is
locked for writing during the session.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek