huge DirectX-SDK really required for qt and phonon msvc compile ?

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Jul 24 16:16:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

I saw that for building phonon-directX  with mingw all required headers
are included into the kdewin32 package.

Because the DirectX SDK is a very huge package (about 441 MB to
download) my question is if it is really required to compile msvc qt and
phonon with it or if it would be possible to use the kdewin32 directx
header also for msvc.

The directx related headers from the mingw w32api package

d3d9.h
d3d9caps.h
d3d9types.h
dxerr8.h
dxerr9.h

which is used by the mingw compiler could be easily added  to kdeinw32.

Regards