kdesupport/kdewin32/include/msvc

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Jan 30 12:47:24 CET 2008

> Von: "Jarosław Staniek"
> Christian Ehrlicher said the following, On 2008-01-30 12:15:
> >> Von: "Jarosław Staniek"

> these

> is
> >> defined to 1 or something else. Please use a kdewin prefix or something
> >> like this. I also don't understand why you need this at all - cmake
> configure
> >> checks are the correct place to check for such things.
> >>
> >> Configure checks no longer work because functions like strcasecmp() are
> >> defined in kdewin32 and the checks does not link against kdewin32. This
> is
> >> the
> >> case for instance in strigi. Some other checks do not define
> >> WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN and we end up without important HAVE_* macros
> defined
> >> too.
> >>
> >> Perhaps we should add #ifndef HAVE_FOO ?
> >>
> > Your system is screwed up. strigi was never supposed to use headers from
> kdewin32 nor link against kdewin32.
> > It compiled fine for the last months and I never heard complains from
> emerge users that strigi is uncompileable. What changed?
>
> I have used emerge with strigi from trunk. Ask Partick how many compile
> problems we've encountered there last night...

Then don't use strigi/trunk for now. 0.5.7 works fine (+ is the default in emerge afaics) and the rest will be fixed somehow - but not by using a new dependency (kdewin32). I can't think of any big change in strigi which would required this step.
Also the HAVE_foo in public headers have to be removed - they're wrong. You'll only get trouble with them upstream.

Christian