Building modules with kdelibs from installer

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Jan 28 19:26:05 CET 2008

Paulo Moura Guedes schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build kdewebdev and I have kdelibs and friends installed via
> installer 0.8.5. I'm having this error when compiling:
>
> make[2]: stat:D:/kde-mingw/tmp/qt-4.3.3.20071206/image-mingw/lib/libQtCore4.a:
> no medium
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target
> `D:/kde-mingw/tmp/qt-4.3.3.20071206/image-mingw/lib/libQtCore4.a', needed by
> `bin/klinkstatus.exe'.  Stop.
>
> It seems that that path is hardcoded somewhere (it's from the person who
> compiled the stuff available in the installer I guess). Does anybody already
> tried this use case?

this is caused by a non solved cmake problem which has been already
reported to the cmake list, see
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-January/018971.html

A workaround is to edit the installed files
share/apps/cmake/modules/KDELibsDependencies.cmake and
share/apps/cmake/modules/KDEPimLibsDependencies.cmake and to replace all
pathes by the install root.

Say you have installed KDE in c:/kdewin you should replace all occurence
of D:/kde-mingw/tmp/qt-4.3.3.20071206/image-mingw  to c:/kdewin. Please
note that there may be additional pathes which has to be replaced.