(msvc2k5, emerge) optimized; prefix for QT_${basename}_LIBRARY

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Jan 16 18:18:14 CET 2008

Hello,
I guess Christian knows something about it [1]:

We have the following line in kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindQt.cmake:807:
IF (QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_RELEASE AND QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_DEBUG)
  SET(QT_${basename}_LIBRARY optimized {QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_RELEASE} debug
${QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_DEBUG})
ENDIF (QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_RELEASE AND QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_DEBUG)

This sets all qt-library-related variables like QT_QTNETWORK_LIBRARY for
msvc+release-with-debug-info builds to something strange:

optimized;C:/kde4/lib/QtNetwork4.lib;debug;C:/kde4/lib/QtNetworkd4.lib

What is the 'optimized' part of this list? It is translated by cmake to
optimized.lib so we got isses like the following:

Linking CXX shared library ..\..\bin\akonadi.dll
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'optimized.lib'

Previously I have only used full debug info builds (not affected by the
problem), now I am user of the (obviously great) emerge. I also have switched
to msvc2k5-ee-sp1 with this build.

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-windows&m=116938767604795&w=2

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek