Emerge again ;(

Saro Engels ps_ml at gmx.de
Tue Jan 8 22:17:55 CET 2008

Marcin Jabrzyk schrieb:
> Hello All,
>
> I have an problem with emerge on my computer. I want to install amarok, i wrote
>
> emerge amarok
>
> and i have
> C:\kderoot\emerge\bin>echo emerge.bat executed
> emerge.bat executed
> C:\kderoot\emerge\bin>python c:\kderoot\emerge\bin\emerge.py amarok
> buildAction: all
> doPretend:False
> packageName: amarok
> buildType: RelWithDebInfo
> buildTests: None
> verbose: 1
> KDEROOT: c:\kderoot
> and 20 times line:
> "emerge warning installed db file does not exist"
As you can read: it is a warning and you should have amarok already
installed - if not please look into the folder %KDEROOT%\manifest.
There should be .mft/.ver files for every package that is installed in
there. If you'd delete one of those (e.g. amarok-*.mft/amarok-*.ver)
emerge cannot be aware anymore (since you also seem to miss the second
database: the file %KDEROOT%\etc\portage\installed) that amarok is
installed. It should automatically restart building amarok.
Normally you can ignore this warning since this db file will be removed
in future versions of emerge. You can securely put an empty textfile at
that point(%KDEROOT%\etc\portage\installed).

> I try to run emerge in partition "d" with the settings or the "d"
> partition, but the effect is the same.
>
> Greetings from Poland.

SE