Bug reporting - where, how?

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Feb 29 16:07:42 CET 2008

Gudmund Areskoug said the following, On 2008-02-29 15:51:

> just wondering if I should use the "normal" KDE Bugzilla at
> <http://bugs.kde.org/wizard.cgi> for bug reporting KDE apps running on
> Windows, or some other means.

This is "normal" KDE subproject, so yes, use Bugzilla. Be careful about
selecting proper OS name.

> I also wonder about hints for gathering and supplying more useful info
> than "Konqueror crashes each time I click on Settings > Configure
> Konqueror..., running W2K" (which it does,

To get a backtrace you need to compile with debug info (just like on Linux).
Available for both msvc and mingw.
Once there is crash uyou can attach to the process with a debugging tool,
either mingw's gdb or msvc debugger or windbg [1].

> BTW, wanted to check if/how I might use a flash plugin).

File a wish (first make sure it is not reported yet)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinDbg

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek