4.0.63 seems to need newer Qt, KDEWin-installer doesn't know

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Feb 27 07:56:57 CET 2008

S Page schrieb:
> I used kdewin-installer-gui-0.9.0-1.exe in "End user" install mode to
> update packages to 4.0.63, and the post-install "bin\kbuildsycoca4
> --noincremental" step fails with Entry Point Not Found in QtCore4.dll
> Most .exes silently fail to run when double-clicked.
>
> kbuildsycoca4.exe is dated 2008-02-26, QtCore4.dll is dated 2008-01-13.
> There is a newer qt-msvc-4.4.0-1-bin.tar.bz2 in the mirrors.
>
> So maybe the installer doesn't know that these apps depend on later Qt?
>
> If a user runs KDEWin-installer in "End user" install mode, she will not
> see dependent packages like Qt, so it's hard to force an update.
>
> Regards and thanks to SaroEngels on chat!

Thanks for this pointer, we will take a look how to fix this issue.

A quick workaround  is to edit the file
<install-root>/etc/installer.ini, change the line containing
DeveloperMode to "DeveloperMode=true", then save the file.

Start the installer again, choose qt category and click on the checkbox,
which change the mode to update and click next. Then the qt package will
be updated.

Regards