you folks rock!, a few questions

S Page skierpage at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 19 01:23:02 CET 2008

I installed 4.00.80 with kdewin-installer-gui-0.9.0-1.exe

KHelpCenter starts up!  Amarok OMG <3 :-) !

Amarok installed phonon something, so in KTeaTime Configure
Notifications, I can preview sounds like KDE_Beep_Bottles.wav!
However,
* KTeaTime's alarm notification itself doesn't play a sound
* KTouch doesn't make any typewrite or mistake sounds
* khangman wouldn't play sounds
Is there any sound configuration required?

I think kdegames should also depend on this phonon package.

In the new installer, there's no way to find out more about an installed
package, or remove it, because it doesn't show up if up-to-date and
installed.

With recent builds I never see anything in DebugView (Dbgview.exe),
whereas back in November I would see useful messages when programs have
problems.  Is there some way to see error/warning output?

Great stuff.
--
=S Page