Crash on Startup in realease of amarok

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sun Feb 17 15:52:16 CET 2008

Matthias Pospiech schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker schrieb:
>> Matthias Pospiech schrieb:
>>
>>> If I start amarok of the latest release of kde-windows then I directly
>>> get a crash with "Procedureinsprungspunkt ... nicht gefunden in "tag.dll""
>>> I was wondering if this is due to an error in the installation or a
>>> path-setting or a bug in amarok?
>>>

>> You are using problably an outdated taglib library. You can see this by
>> looking for taglib-* files in  <installroot>/manifest for example:
>>
>>  taglib-msvc-1.4.0-4-bin.mft
>>  taglib-msvc-1.4.0-4-bin.ver
>>  taglib-msvc-1.4.0-4-lib.mft
>>  taglib-msvc-1.4.0-4-lib.ver
>>
>> which say that version 1.4.0-4 is installed.
>>
> In my case it is Version 1.4.0-3 with all mingw and msvc files.
this is probably the problem. Which installer version are you using ?
Installer versions before 0.8.6 let you choice to install mingw *and*
msvc versions, (compiler type unspecified)  which may result in
corrupted installations.  I suggest to update to a recent installer
(0.9.0-1)  to remove the complete installation directory (not the
directory where you downloaded the files, you need mostly of them for
further installations) and to chooce a specific compiler and install the
packages again.