meinproc4 problem

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Feb 15 18:18:29 CET 2008

Hi,

on windows compiling applications docs for example kate fails with the
following message:

C:\daten\kde\emerge-msvc-root\tmp\kdesdk-20080202\work\msvc2005-Debug\doc\kate>nmake
Generating index.cache.bz2
C:/downloads/kdesvn/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/doc/kate/index.docbook:16: I/O
warning : failed to load external entity
"C:///downloads/kdesvn/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/doc/kate/dtd/kdex.dtd"
]>
  ^
C:/downloads/kdesvn/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/doc/kate/index.docbook:18: parser
error : Entity 'language' not defined
<book lang="&language;">
                      ^
C:/downloads/kdesvn/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/doc/kate/index.docbook:19: parser
error : Entity 'kate' not defined
<title>The &kate; Handbook</title>
                 ^
C:/downloads/kdesvn/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/doc/kate/index.docbook:23: parser
error : Entity 'Anders.Lund' not defined
<author>&Anders.Lund; &Anders.Lund.mail;</author>
                     ^
<snip>

The main problem is that the parser requires the reference dtd/kdex.dtd
from the top of index.docbook
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//KDE//DTD DocBook XML V4.2-Based Variant
V1.1//EN" "dtd/kdex.dtd" [

in the source directory of the input file  in this case

C:///downloads/kdesvn/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/doc/kate/dtd/kdex.dtd

To find out which files are missing I added some directories from
kdelibs ksgmltools installation and saw that meinproc/libxslt does not
find the ksgmltools installation tree - exactly the
share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook and some subdirecties from
share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization.

If found meinproc4 running when I copied the above mentioned files into
kate's doc source tree

 C:\downloads\kdesvn\trunk\KDE\kdesdk\doc
    docbook/         from ksgmltools2
    kate/
        dtd/             from ksgmltools2
        en/               from ksgmltools2
        entities/       from ksgmltools2

xsltproc --verbose --load-trace
C:/downloads/kdesvn/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/doc/kate/index.docbook

but it looks to be impossible to use the original kdelibs installation
directioy, for example adding

--path
file:///C:/daten/kde/emerge-msvc-root/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization

does not work.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this issue ?