emerge/cmake problem

Saro Engels ps_ml at gmx.de
Tue Feb 12 19:55:26 CET 2008

Clinton Reddekop schrieb:
> Oops I forgot to mention a step.  After the svn of emerge, I open a
> command window that executes kdeenv.bat, and run the rest of the
> commands from that command window.
> Clint
>
> On Feb 11, 2008 12:08 PM, Clinton Reddekop <clinton.reddekop at gmail.com
> <mailto:clinton.reddekop at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Holger,
>

>          > I'm curious - is this to tell you what emerge thinks kdeedu
>         depends on?
>          >
>         yes, and this is also the exact order in whihc these
>         dependencies would be
>         compiled. so this is quite "interesting". can you post, which
>         command you
>         executed to get the error in the first mail in this thread ?
>

>     Starting with  kderoot empty except for etc\kdesettings.bat, and no
>     kdesvn or kdedownload folders, first I did
>         svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdesupport/emerge
>     then when that completed I did
>         emerge mingw
>     then when that completed I did
>         emerge kdeedu
>     and when I came back after many hours I saw the error as I posted it
>     in the first message of this thread.
>     The "..." at the start of the error output I posted is replacing
>     many many lines of output.
>
>     I should note that I then tried the same procedure, but modified
>     cmake-2.4.7.py <http://cmake-2.4.7.py> to use cmake 2.4.8, and my
>     replies to Saro Engels' questions in this thread have all been based
>     on this second build attempt.  However, cmake 2.4.8 seems not to
>     have changed anything.
Can you please change the buffer of your cmd window and run emerge qt
again? It is very probable that a recent change in win32libs package has
given that error.
The error that is very probable to occur is:
c:\kderoot\mingw\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -ldbus-1d
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

A work around that _should_ work (for now) might be to copy over
bin\dbus-1.dll and lib\libdbus-1.dll.a to bin\dbus-1d.dll and
lib\libdbus-1d.dll.a .
This is a bloody hack I know, we currently have to further investigate this.
regards,
SE