Building modules with kdelibs from installer

Saro Engels ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Feb 6 19:58:23 CET 2008

Paulo Moura Guedes schrieb:
> On Wednesday 06 February 2008 16:51:57 Saro Engels wrote:
> [...]
>>> Thanks a lot Ralf, already saw that KLinkStatus is included in 0.8.6
>>> beta4 :) What about new versions, should I send a new build of
>>> KLinkStatus each time a new version of the installer is available?
>> Well currently my idea is this:
>> Christian builds the packages for both compilers using emerge.
>> Thus we need a small emerge script for klinkstatus/kdewebdev which makes
>> building it easy.
>> We could use a "package maintainer" though who ensures that the package
>> builds, fixes small errors and can be asked for some package specific
>> questions (e.g. the person should be subscribed to the package's mailing
>> list - so that not one person needs to be subscribed to all mailing
>> lists). I am going to add an overview to windows.kde.org in the near
>> future. I would be really glad if we could win you as the maintainer of
>> kdewebdev.
>
> I accept if you help me to get emerge working :P
Since I work on that app, this is my job ;-).
> The only thing needed to build kdewebdev out of the box is to disable the
> other modules if platform is windows (or maybe better, if platform is not
> unix).
If you're speaking about the modules within cmake:
You can disable subdirectories(or targets) within cmake with
cmake [...] -DBUILD_klinkstatus=OFF
(this would switch klinkstatus off)
You can disable all lines that use macro_optional_add_subdirectory().

> Paulo
SaroEngels